MDI Rte. 3 Park Loop Road Detour In Effect Again
Contractors for the Maine Department of Transportation are putting the finishing touches on the Route 3 reconstruction in Bar Harbor.
The project is due to be completed sometime during the month of June. Work will be suspended beginning Thursday, May 23rd, and then will resume following Memorial Day Weekend on Tuesday, May 28th.
The one-way detour that utilizes the Acadia National Park Loop Road is now in effect once again. We remind you to please drive slowly on the Park Loop Road and to keep an eye out for wildlife and those enjoying the Park as well.
Here is what contractors will be doing this week, depending on the weather:
- Placing loam from the Acadia National Park entrance to Duck Brook
- Working on the widened shoulder area near Sand Point Road
- Paving driveways and sidewalks from Crooked Road to Highbrook Road and the shoulder area at Sand Point Road
- Preparing for paving from the Bluffs to Eagle Lake Road and from Crooked Road back towards Ellsworth at the beginning of the project
- Landscaping from College of the Atlantic to Eagle Lake Road