Where To Drop Off Obsolete Prescription Drugs In Hancock County
National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is October 27th.
Time to gather up those old outdated medications and safely dispose of them before they fall into the wrong hands!
On Saturday the 27th, between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office will host a Drug Take-Back event in collaboration with Ellsworth Police Department, the Ellsworth Chamber of Commerce, and Healthy Acadia. It'll happen at the Ellsworth Chamber of Commerce building at 163 High Street, in front of Reny's department store.
Bag them up and drop them off with no questions asked.
Elsewhere, the Gouldsboro and Winter Harbor Police Departments will be hosting a Drug Take-Back at the Winter Harbor Police Department on 20 School Street from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
For additional disposal opportunities, prescription drug drop boxes are available at the following locations year-round:
- Bar Harbor Police Department, 37 Firefly Lane, Bar Harbor; (207) 288-3391
- Bucksport Police Department, 89 Franklin Street, Bucksport; (207) 469-7951
- Calais Police Department, 312 North Street, Calais; (207) 454-2751
- Eastport Police Department, 28 Water Street, Eastport; (207) 853-4353
- Ellsworth Police Department, 1 City Hall Plaza, Ellsworth; (207) 667-2168
- Hancock County Sheriff's Office, 50 State Street, Suite 10, Ellsworth; (207) 667-7575
- Milbridge Pharmacy, 11 Main Street, Milbridge; (207) 546-2304
- Mount Desert Police Department, 21 Sea Street, Northeast Harbor; (207) 276-5111
- Passamaquoddy Tribe of Indian Township Police Department, 443 US 1, Princeton; (207) 796-5296
- Passamaquoddy Tribe of Pleasant Point Police Dept., 100 County Rd, Perry; (207) 853-6100
- Southwest Harbor Police Department, 26 Village Green Way, Southwest Harbor; (207) 244-7911
- Washington County Sheriff’s Office, 83 Court Street, Machias; (207) 255-6871
All boxes are accessible during regular business hours and some are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Drop boxes cannot take needles, epinephrine pens, or other sharps.