Would You Like To See A Locally Owned Steakhouse In Bangor?
There are lots of great choices for local food here in the Bangor area, but one thing seems to be missing.
With all due respect to the amazing Longhorn Steakhouse on Hogan Road in Bangor, it is a national chain restaurant, so that got us thinking about whether or not a locally owned business focused on serving up delicious steaks would work here in the area.
Over the years, there have been a few, but it seems like it’s been a hot minute since we had one in Bangor.
Whether it be an upscale dining environment or a family-style steakhouse, it would be a welcome addition to all of the great locally-owned establishments around the Greater Bangor area and beyond.
In fact, if you were looking for a Maine-owned steakhouse experience, most of your options are a fairly decent drive away. Also, some of them operate seasonally.
These 7 locations, in particular, have been singled out for their excellence in the state of Maine:
- Bullwinkle's Steak House, 2919 Atlantic Hwy, Waldoboro
- The Steakhouse, 1205 Post Rd, Wells
- Mac's Grill, 1052 Minot Ave, Auburn
- Trail's End Steakhouse & Tavern, 59 Eustis Village Rd, Eustis
- J.R. Maxwell & Co., 122 Front St, Bath
- Rustlers Steak House, 754 Roosevelt Trail, Windham
- Jack Russell’s Steakhouse and Brewery, 102 Eden St, Bar Harbor
The website Mashed, named The Steakhouse the best in our state!
I for one, think it would be great to have one here in the Bangor area. Will it happen? Only time will tell!